JASPA awards a limited number of grants each academic year to advance the goals and values of the association. JASPA members may apply for Innovation Grants for the purpose of applying current research to address pressing issues in Jesuit student affairs. While all projects that address the goals and values of JASPA are welcome, special emphasis will be placed on those that are focused on efforts promoting diversity and inclusion. In addition, whenever possible, projects that foster collaboration across departments and/or colleges and universities are encouraged.
The priority deadline to submit applications for the 2020 Innovation Grants process is Friday, May 1st, 2020 (please note the new extended deadline). Proposals will be accepted until all grant funding is dispersed.
Between $8,000 and $10,000 will be available to fund these initiatives each year. The committee that awards grants is charged with considering the merit and potential impact of each application. Committee members are encouraged to engage in conversations with applicants to better understand the intended outcomes of each project, as well as the ways in which potential recipients will be effective stewards of resources.
Projects should address one or more of the following JASPA goals:
- To articulate and promote the distinctive mission, traditions, and values of Jesuit Catholic higher education;
- To engage contemporary culture and explore contemporary issues that impact Jesuit Catholic higher education;
- To develop and disseminate standards and best practices that advance the work of student affairs professionals at Jesuit Catholic colleges and universities;
- To provide leadership on national issues of importance that impact Catholic higher education.
Projects should promote one or more of the following JASPA values:
- Excellence: a commitment to professional engagement in practice and scholarship
- Integrity: a commitment to professional ethics and Ignatian spirituality
- Service: a commitment to work that promotes justice
- Inclusion: a commitment to supporting diverse leadership and participation
- Leadership: a commitment to values-based leading and learning
Grant applications will be accepted from the following:
- Student affairs professionals at JASPA institutions;
- Faculty members in higher education or student affairs graduate programs at JASPA institutions for projects specifically on Jesuit and/or Catholic higher education;
- Doctoral students in higher education programs at JASPA institutions for dissertations specifically on Jesuit and/or Catholic higher education;
- Doctoral students who are affiliate members of JASPA for dissertations specifically on Jesuit and/or Catholic higher education.
If you have questions about JASPA grants, please contact the Vice President for Scholarship & Member Services (Shannon Howes) at email@example.com.