Join us in Boston for the
2023 JASPA Annual Conference!
Saturday, April 1, 2023
12:00pm-9:00pm (followed by Club JASPA)
@ Boston College
Happy New Year! As the semester begins on each of our campuses, we look forward to welcoming you to Boston, MA and the beautiful campus of Boston College for our annual conference and awards celebration!
This year's Annual Conference will provide the opportunity to reconnect, network, and continue our commitment to shared learning with a focus on student success and our Jesuit, Catholic missions.
If you have any questions, please contact Matt Razek (JASPA Annual Conference Chair) at email@example.com.
$150 - Conference and Banquet (Full-Time Staff)
$75 - Conference and Banquet (Graduate Student)
$75 - Banquet Only (Full-Time Staff)
JASPA will be providing each institution with 2 free registrations for the Annual Conference! Because of the 2 free institutional registrations, registration will be handled institutionally and not on an individual basis. We are asking one individual from each institution (JASPA liaison or another individual of institutional choice) to fill out the below registration form. Individuals paying on their own (and not through the institution) are welcome to fill out the form, as well.
- Please use this online form to register your institution's delegation whether it's only one person or multiple people.
- There is no individual registration form.
- Even if you do not know the exact names of those in your delegation, please submit this registration form to indicate how many people are in your delegation. If needed, you may modify this number later after submitting this registration form.
- After submitting this registration form, you will be contacted with a spreadsheet to fill out with information for each person in your institution's delegation.
- For payment, you will be sent an invoice to pay either via an institutional check or via credit card.
Registrations are due no later than March 10, 2023.
Here is what you can look forward to during the JASPA Annual Conference (final details will be forthcoming):
- 11:00am-12:45pm: Boxed Lunches Available for Pick-Up and Optional Campus Tours
- 12:00pm-12:30pm: Newcomer Welcome (individuals new to the JASPA network to receive an introduction of JASPA and opportunities available)
- 12:45: Beginning of formal program that will include:
- Keynote Panel
- Roundtable Breakout Sessions and Discussions
- Functional Area Breakouts
- JASPA Business Meeting
- 6:00pm: Banquet and Awards Celebration
- 9:00pm: Club JASPA
Call for Facilitators!
The Program Committee is pleased to open our call for roundtable facilitators for the 2023 JASPA Annual Conference. We hope you will consider supporting these efforts through leading a discussion in April. We will have two blocks of roundtable discussions. Each block will last 45 minutes. Facilitators will provide a brief introduction to a topic that they've chosen from the planning committee's recommendations below or their own interest and will introduce and lead a discussion with participants.
- Advancing Health & Wellness - Within the Profession or through Student Development
- Advancing the First Year Experience
- Elevating Student Engagement when in Decline
- Foundations to Advancing the Universal Apostolic Preferences
- Student Success and Retention Efforts
- Student Formation
Transportation and Accommodations
Boston College is located less than 10 miles from downtown Boston. For those staying downtown near the NASPA hotels, transportation will be available from the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (415 Summer Street, Boston, MA) 10:30am-12:30pm and following the Banquet/Awards Ceremony through Club JASPA.
For those only attending JASPA and looking to stay closer to Boston College, below are recommended hotels.
*Note that no transportation will be provided from these locations to/from the conference.*)
- Arcadian Hotel: 1200 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA; 617-277-1200
- Courtyard Boston Brookline: 40 Webster Street, Brookline, MA 02446; 617-734-1393
- Newton Marriott Hotel: 2345 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA; 617-969-1000
- Crowne Plaza Hotel: 320 Washington Street, Newton, MA; 617-630-2923
- Sheraton Needham Hotel: 100 Cabot Street, Needham, MA; 781-444-1110
- AC Hotel Boston Cleveland Circle: 395 Chestnut Hill Avenue, Boston, MA; 857-636-8751
Future Conference Locations
JASPA Annual Conferences occur during the pre-conference stage of and in the same city as the NASPA Annual Conference.
- 2024 - Seattle, Washington
- 2025 - New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2026 - Kansas City, Missouri